His inner strength shined through his profound wisdom. We often refer back to his quotes as a source of inspiration. We share this post with you with the hope that you can to.
Powerful quotes by Bruce Lee
- “Empty your mind.
Be formless, shapeless, like water.
If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
You put it into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow, and it can crash.
Be like water, my friend…”
- “The “moment” has no yesterday or tomorrow. It is not the result of thought and therefore has no time.”
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough: we must do.”
- “Learning is never cumulative, it is a movement of knowing which has no beginning and no end.”
- “The measure of the moral worth of a man is his happiness. The better the man, the more happiness. Happiness is the synonym of well-being”
- ” Real living is living for others.”
- “Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality.”
- “Never waste energy on worries or negative thoughts, all problems are brought into existence -drop them.”
- “A goal is not always meant to be reached. It often serves simply as something to aim at.”
- “Because one does not want to be disturbed, to be made uncertain, he establishes a pattern of conduct, of thought, a pattern of relationship to man etc. Then he becomes a slave to the patter and takes the pattern to be the real thing.”
- “Zen is not “attained” by mirror-wiping mediation, but by “self-forgetfulness in the existential ‘present’ of life here and now.” We do not “come”, we “are.” Don’t strive to become, but be.”
- “Those who are unaware they are walking in darkness will never seek the light.”
- “Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.”
- “To grow, to discover, we need involvement which is something I experience everyday, sometimes good, sometimes frustrating.”
Some impressive facts and stats about Bruce Lee
- Lee's striking speed from three feet with his hands down by his side reached five hundredths of a second.
- Lee's combat movements were at times too fast to be captured on film at 24 frames per second, so many scenes were shot in 32fps to put Lee in slow motion. Normally martial arts films are sped up.
- In a speed demonstration, Lee could snatch a dime off a person's open palm before they could close it, and leave a penny behind.
- Lee could perform push ups using only his thumb and forefinger on one hand
- Lee would hold an elevated v-sit position for 30 minutes or longer.
- Lee could throw grains of rice up into the air and then catch them in mid-flight using chopsticks.
- Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger
- Lee performed 50 reps of one-arm chin-ups.
- Lee could break wooden boards 6 inches (15 cm) thick.
- Lee could cause a 300-lb (136 kg) bag to fly towards and thump the ceiling with a side kick.
- Lee performed a side kick while training with James Coburn and broke a 150-lb (68 kg) punching bag
- In a move that has been dubbed "Dragon Flag", Lee could perform leg lifts with only his shoulder blades resting on the edge of a bench and suspend his legs and torso perfectly horizontal midair.